At the present time, there are several standards and guidelines that already deal with this topic. Among them are DIN EN ISO 13791 DIN 13791, VDI 6007 VDI 6007 and 6020 VDI 6020 as well as the international guideline ASHRAE 140 ASHRAE 140, also called BESTest (Building Energy Simulation Test), which will be discussed briefly below.
Validation and test series
- DIN EN ISO 13791 – Standard on thermal behavior of buildings. It contains three basic test cases for checking the function of thermal building simulations
- DIN EN ISO 52016-1 and DIN EN ISO 52017-1 – Standards for the energy evaluation of buildings
- VDI 6007 and 6020 – Guidelines for the validation of simulation programs
- ASHRAE 140 „BESTest“ – Validation methodology and test series for the evaluation of energetic building simulation programs
- SimQuality (2020) – Validation procedure for modern, detailed building energy simulation programs